[Public-list] RE: Anchor stowage

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Wed Jun 2 07:29:09 PDT 2004

I like the pulpit as a place to stow the anchor and keep it safely
convenient, but I haven't seen an off-the-shelf securing system that I
trust. I lash it to the pulpit and have a second smaller anchor secured in
chocks on the deck. I think carrying a heavy anchor forward is a significant
risk to boat and crew under some conditions, and even if it is stowed aft,
it should be securely lashed or clamped down.

Mike
Rinn Duin #272