[Public-list] vented loop

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Tue May 25 07:02:59 PDT 2004

James,

There are many opinions on this subject. I installed the vented loop when
the head was installed, the benefits out weight the cost. I used a bronze
unit with a screw cap which provides access if anything clogs up, since my
son was living on the Alberg and working at the boat yard during this time.

The biggest issue was making the loops and bends that you describe. Buy a
heat gun which definitely helps with the bends and KY Jelly as a lube, these
are recommendations from the Alberg 30 Group and they make the job much
easier. Part of my installation was a holding tank which required installing
a 90 degree elbow in the bulk head for the input.

Good luck,

Stephen