[Public-list] main winch?

Patty J Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net
Wed Nov 3 20:11:04 PST 2004

My Alberg doesn't have a main winch!  Didn't know they came with one.
I just haul the main up, then sweat it and then sit on the boom and tie
it off below.  Dang!  It's like a Rhodes 19, but I never have a problem
with getting the main all the way up even by myself.  After I have
hauled it up as far as I can by hand, I then grab the boom and pull it
up, then hold it with my hip and and sweat the halyard til it's tight
and look up to make sure the main is all the way up, then cleat the
halyard, then sit on the boom and tie it to a cleat at the bottom of the
mast.  Hmmm, perhaps a winch is in order!   I have a spare on board.

I have the old winches and winch handles and found a spare handle at a
consign shop in Pensacola, Fl. called "Scurvy Dog".  I will try to find
there address for you.

Patty
Timbuktu #461