[Public-list] Anyone looking for a project?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Nov 9 08:15:55 PST 2004

The numbers they mention are the USCG-required hull numbers that were
instituted in 1973 (or late 1972).  These numbers must be embedded in
the transom or the boat cannot be sold in the US.  I wasn't aware that
Whitby ever put that number on the metal builder's plate.

Jack, Villo, please correct me if I'm wrong.  My 1973 boat has the
7-digit Whitby number on the plate and the ZWB Coast Guard number on the
transom.  (And, yes, the numbers don't quite match.)

 - George