[Public-list] Cetol vs Armada and Other Stuff

Gail DeMoss gdemoss at alberg30.org
Thu Sep 9 08:04:00 PDT 2004

I am really glad to hear about the lighter version of Cetol.  I used
Cetol when it was only advertised for porch decks and houses.  Then the
marine version.  I finally took it all off and went to Armada because of
the dark color.  But Armada doesn't last very long and the Armada 2000
only lasted about 1 MONTH.  Mother Naure seems to have removed what was
left of the Armada in the past year and I plan to go back to Cetol.  Now
I can try the light version.

On the interior I wash it down with a weak solution of clorox and water.
  Then I use Formby's Lemon Oil.  We have never had any mold/mildew and
the inside wood looks pretty good except where we had leaks.

I would really hesitate to put Armada, Cetol or varnish on the cabin
sole.  You certainly don't want a slick surface at the bottom of the
companionway where there might be water. How about a polyurethane floor
finish?

Gail Dinwiddie
Calypso #543