[Public-list] cetol vs armada

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Fri Sep 10 07:29:32 PDT 2004

I use it too. Not so fully, but the directions say you do not have to
sand between coats - do not apply in direct sunlight. They say you need
to put on an annual maintenance coat - that is after just washing the
area to be coated down. It lasts and lasts. My experience is that if you
miss the annual coat and get some degrading, you just sand off the
degraded part, make sure everthing is clean and reapply. I know it is
not like lots of coats of varnish applied lovingly, but it still looks
good and is a lot less work. Now we are into questions of taste and the
sense of what is "proper." So it is time to stop.

>>> rkingsland101 at ksba.com 9/10/2004 9:51:03 AM >>>

"I have been putting on 3 coats of cetol light, followed by 4 coats of
cetol
gloss. I get lots of compliments at the Marina, makes all the work
worth
while."

Bill,

In order to put seven coats in perspective, what are you coating (toe
rail,
hatches, combing, the pet Labrador) and any idea of how long each coat
takes?  How often do you need to redo the original application?

Roger

> I have tried Armada, but could not get it to set up. Even in the
house in
> the winter at room temperature and no humidity it would take a week
dry.
> Cetol on the other hand............
> I have been putting on 3 coats of cetol light, followed by 4 coats
of
cetol
> gloss. I get lots of compliments at the Marina, makes all the work
worth
> while.
>
> Bill
> SallyB #441