[Public-list] Re: Ignition switch

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Apr 25 08:20:46 PDT 2005

Hi Dan -

I agree - I will certainly have an on-off ignition switch in the cockpit; it
will be a rubber booted toggle with an aluminium shield to protect it from
accidental throws.

With regard to the key, I think that if the companionway is locked and the
main battery switch is in the off position, security should be fine.

I should mention - we have a gas vapour sensor in the cockpit wired so that
the ignition is cut off if the unit is off.

Gord #426 Surprise