[Public-list] Thoughts before painting

5thseason at canada.com 5thseason at canada.com
Fri Aug 19 08:21:24 PDT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:04:08 -0400, "sousa, stephen
(ENG)" wrote:

> George,
>
> Being one that painted an Alberg with Awlgrip, I would
> not recommend it
> until the boat looks horrible.
>
>I painted my boat twice with Interlux two part paints
and agree with Stephan don,t do it until absolutly
necessary.  Just roughing up the topsides would not get
rid of any wax build up causing the paint not to bind.
I used Vim a mild comercial liquid cleaner to start
then 80 grit, 180 grit and after the primer 400grit
wet&dry this was done for each of the 3 coats I put on.
Don't do it if at all possible.
John Boor
MAHSEER