[Public-list] Timbuktu - Motor

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Wed Aug 31 04:18:15 PDT 2005

Patty,

Great News!
However If you have the time to get into the Boat One thing you can do to
minimize your probems would be to address the A4.
1. Hand pump as much of what is in the oil sump (pan) out
2. Pull the sparkplug and disconnect the fuel intake as well as fuel pump
to carb. Also pull the Cap off the distributor (Probably full of water).
Drain the gas.
3. Pour Sea Foam, or Marvel Mystery Oil into each of the 4 sparkplug holes
4. Pour New Oil and Seafoam or Marvel Mystery Oil into the Oil.
5. Hand Crank the motor with the sparkplugs out.

These Steps will help you reduce the rebuild cost by immediately
protecting the inner workings of the Motor itself.

Finally when you do got to get the motor re-habbed all you should need to
do is replace the Ignition (Possibly distributor) Wires, Plugs and
battery.

Also spray the entire motor with either Deep Creep or WD40. This will help
to prepare any bolts that may need to be loosened in the near future.

Corrosion is likely to take place on all electrical connections but going
for a swim definitely exacerbates the corrosion.

Again, do this asap and it will significantly reduce the trouble you will
have to go through to get the boat back in order.

--
C.B. Currier
A30 Ches. Bay Rear-Commodore Racing