[Public-list] Timbuktu

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Aug 31 10:27:48 PDT 2005

I am a really delighted and relieved that you have found your boat and she will be ok. In these moments I feel like one of the members of family that have gather around the bedside of a dear and very sick relative -  hoping for the best and fearing the worst. It is great to know that this relative  - Timbuktu - and her "mother" are going to be OK.

David.

>>> Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net 08/30/05 11:17 PM >>>
I found her and she is fine, maybe $10,000  worth of damage, maybe more.
She almost sank in the harbor due to an idiotic problem...the sink in
the salon, the hose broke loose and started siphoning water into the
boat, over the cushions.  I can't believe it.  Almost all the teak cap
rail is gone, the hull is scraped up badly and needs a new paint job.
Where the cap rail gave way, a lot of the fiberglass is bent into the
deck, some of the stantions were pushed into the deck.  The batteries
are fried, the bildge pump too and the A4 needs to be pulled and
rebuilt.  But, of all the boats that were in the same danger mine came
out the best.   I went down to the yacht club this morning to find
members on my boat pumping it out and they had brought it back to it's
slip.  What a great bunch of people!!!

Thanks for all your concern.  I just wish the pics I sent here had come
through.  I lost 30 feet of my bluff where I live in me whitte humble
home built in 1909 as an episcople rectory (1,400 sq. ft...been in the
family since 1954).  I was out on the bluff standing there barefoot
watching the bay turn into an ocean, when I felt the vines under my feet
just ever so slowing moving and I jumped four feet away and the bluff I
was standing on dropped to the beach.  And that was just the beginning
of the erosion.  My own case is nothing compared to my neighbors west of
here in Pascaguola, Gulf Port, Biloxi, Pass Cristian, New Orleans.  It's
undescribable.

Patty
Timbuktu survives!