[Public-list] Solar Panel

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 03:29:38 PST 2005

Any of you have solar panels on your A30?  What size?
Where did you mount them?  How well did they work out?

I expect that the motor often will only be run long
enough to get out of the marina.  Some other form of
charging is likely to be needed if I don't want to run
the diesel just to charge the batteries.  Solar seems
like the most inexpensive alternative if I want to
charge while on trips (being a cheapskate I pretty
much always anchor out).

Comments on how you manage electrical consumption and
replenishment would be interesting to hear.

Pete Staehling
Aurora