[Public-list] Bilge Pumps

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Fri Feb 18 14:22:54 PST 2005

I have a liner boat. My bilge pump is located where you are planning to
put yours. On my boat, when I raise the floor boards over the place
where the batteries are located, I can see the  pump and extract it with
out any great difficulty. I am assuming that the hole I am looking
through was made at the factory and not by an owner. If so I do not find
I need an inspection port. Is you boat set up as I describe. If not,
what is the case with your boat?

>>> fullkeel2000 at yahoo.ca 2/11/2005 9:29:18 PM >>>
Has anyone wit  a lined boat cut an inspection hole in
the liner and installed a bilge pump. We are thinking
of doing this and having the pump mounted so it can be
easly pulled out for maintaince.  I Figure just by the
steps where the battries are is probably the deepest
part of the bnilge. To avoid drilling another hole in
the hull I am also thinking of using a  "T" or "Y"
fitting going into the exit of the manual pump
possibly with a valve to prevent backflow back into
the bilge.
 Has anyone done this or hhave anycomments on the idea
Richard

=====
Into The Blue   ^
Richard &      /|\