[Public-list] Bilge Pumps

Richard Mair fullkeel2000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 18 17:25:33 PST 2005

There is no hole in the battery compartment on our
boat. I have to look down thru the small hole that the
battery leeds go thru just to see the bilge. I also
have a tray underneath the engine that pretty much
blocks view of the bilge from there as well. This is
why I need an inspection port. Got a couple of good
suggestions from including a heads up from George that
the lowest point was under the engine. Right noe I am
leaning towards putting in an inspection plate and
angling the pump back under the front of the engine
all m,ounted on a board that can be pulled out. If I
can find a pump with good suction I may also mount one
in the starbord locker with a hose down.  Cant have
too many pumps when going offshore  Richard.
                                              --- Dave