[Public-list] Cockpit Coamings and Companionway Cover

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Feb 23 08:59:17 PST 2005

Hello Don -

Yes, I know all that but we don't mind all that much.  Compared to what we
used to cope with in our wooden boat, the prospect of replacing or scarphing
a piece of the coaming a few years in the future is tolerable.  I know the
wooden boat was not 'alive' any more than the Alberg is, but we used to like
to think she was.  I tease my fibreglass boat friends by saying that I am
preserving the bit of moss because it is the only living thing in my
synthetic boat.  It drives them crazy.

I knew I shouldn't have admitted our little bad habit!

By the way, Surprise is out of the shop with her new pro paint job.  I had
the topsides and bottom done - beautiful and slick looking.  We should be
quick this summer!

Gord #426 Surprise