[Public-list] Water tank problem on older boats (or, boat fal ling apart, ...

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Mon Jan 3 04:57:33 PST 2005

I used two access ports on #220. the 6" screw in assembly fits inside a
Hobie (it might be Beckson) pop out deck plate. the pop out one goes into
the plywood. There is space between the plywood and the 'glass water tank to
'swing' a saber saw.

Epoxy is not toxic after curing, I cleaned and epoxy painted the inside of
my water tank after gaining access. The inspection plate simplifies
winterization, and gets you to the water supply in case of pump failure.

Having said all that, it really does sound like your problem is in standing
water in the chain locker. What I used to do all the time on Checkmate was
fill the water tank to the brim, which caused the vent tube to spew water
where it was flopping around... in the chain locker. It now has a
goosenecked overboard discharge below the toe rail.

Michael Grosh
#220 Checkmate