[Public-list] Stainless Machine screws into Aluminum Masts

Mpete53 at aol.com Mpete53 at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 09:05:33 PST 2005

Removing stainless fasteners from aluminum, try heat. A propane torch
usually gives enough heat to expand the aluminum so that you can remove the
fastener. The paint it would be toasted.

Taping Aluminum. A friend of mine gave me some sulfur based tapping fluid,
he said the name of the product is "Sul floe." The stuff works great. The taps
cut clean and easily. Where to get it? I don't know, but if you find it try
it.

Mark