[Public-list] Woodstove (was "Interior Paint")

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Mon Jan 10 11:40:36 PST 2005

On Jan 10, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Gordon Laco wrote:

> We fight condensation aboard #426 by keeping the forehatch perpetually
> cracked open and of course in the spring and fall the woodstove is
> terrific
> as dry heat.

Hello Gordon,

I'm still boat-shopping at this point, but I wanted to ask you about
your woodstove.  Having lived with them for years in up-north cabins, I
love them and look forward to having one aboard a boat, despite the
added "hassle" vs. a diesel or other type (although you sure can store
a lot of BTUs in a gallon of diesel!).

Just wondering which brand/type you have, and how you like it as
compared to other wood stoves.  I've seen the "Sardine" model available
for purchase.  I wonder if there are any with the little glass door so
you can view the flames?  My own "land" woodstoves never had them, but
I have friends who do have the glass door and it is nice!

Do you ever burn the old-fashioned charcoal?  I never even knew about
it until I started researching boat wood-stoves.

Thanks,

--- Rachel