[Public-list] Ice in the Bilge

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:42:29 PST 2005

A word of caution about space heaters. My next door neighbor put a small
electric space heater on his boat (an Islander 32) and set it to its lowest
setting. As the weather got colder the heater cycled on-off until the
extension cord melted and set the boat on fire. The fire gutted the entire
inside of the boat until another neighbor saw the smoke and put the fire
out. The boat was a total loss. It was 5 feet from my boat in the next slip.
My neighbor scares me.

Mike Lehman