[Public-list] Cabin Interior

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Sat Jul 16 16:04:59 PDT 2005

Paint just doesn't like to stick to wet. I had continously
peeling paint on Checkmate (same vintage as
yours-#220)with an extra bonus of brown goopy stuff oozing
out in spots.

I concluded the deck gel coat had become porus and
moisture was migrating all the way through the deck.

A few coats of deck paint (w/ nonskid in the paint over
the diamond pattern-that was worn out also), then let the
whole thing dry out a couple of years. I really like to
procrastinate when I can come up with a good reason :)

Anyway, Karen and I did the interior a few years ago-paint
and varnish-and I think I can say our problem is solved.

Michael Grosh