[Public-list] Wet bilge/Larger cockpit drains.

Kristofer Coward kris at melon.org
Fri Jul 22 10:18:07 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 10:30:31PM +0000, p.a.amos at tesco.net wrote:
> Todd,yes please,I would appreciate pictures.Some long time ago I seperated the scupper drains from the original manifold and ran the hoses to thru hulls just above the waterline,then  reluctantly put in another thru hull below the waterline so that both  cockpit drains had an outlet.I have spent a lot of time trying to work out how to put in additional drains at the aft end of the cockpit and come to the conclusion it is not possible unless the thru hulls are below the waterline,or the drains are in the aft cockpit bulkhead above the cockpit sole.

Did you keep the Ys when you made the seperation? If you didn't go
enlarging your drain hole, then I'd ges you wouldn't have the problem
of the Ys not fitting. Of course, this probably won't help the cockpit
drain any faster, but at least it'll help it drain fully when you've
got too much weight abaft/too little weight forward (a problem I seem
to encounter quite a bit more often).

Cheers,
Kris
Candy Cane #583