[Public-list] Toe Rail Replacement &Hull/deck Joint

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Jun 26 20:16:25 PDT 2005

Jim & Carole wrote:
> George,
> Thanks for your reply. It looks like you did a professional looking job
> on your taffrail. I hope I am half as successful. When looking at the
> pictures I thought I saw a step or uneven surface that the teak rests
> on. Is that correct? If that is the case have to "rabbit" ( I think
> thats the term) the taffrail.

Actually, it's "rabbet" but my taffrail is flat.  I just filled the
space with 4200.  You'll notice that the deck doesn't extend all the way
to the edge of the hull at the stern.  That causes the difference.

The taffrail, itself, was laminated by Cy Fishburn.

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash