[Public-list] Anchors

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Oct 9 19:07:37 PDT 2005

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net wrote:

> Well there you go- about a dozen replies, and about a dozen favorite
> ways to anchor. About what I thought was going to happen :)

Funny, there doesn't seem to be much discussion of scope, however.  This
week I anchored a 5 boat raft (3 A30s and 2 bigger boats) in Baby Owl
Cove on one of those Danforth knockoffs that came with so many of the
A30s.  Even with only 6 feet of chain on that anchor, I felt perfectly
secure with a 7 to 1 scope.

I've got a 25 pound CQR with a bigger chain, but I doubt it'll get used
before I come up with a satisfactory bow-roller arrangement.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash