[Public-list] teak deck caulk

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Sep 11 16:02:44 PDT 2005

The insets in my cockpit seat lockers had been replaced with solid teak
boards (from the original teak veneer plywood) by the previous owner.
Unfortunately, teak of that width will warp and split when water gets
under it and other parts are still firmly bedded.

I'm finally getting around to doing something about this, and I've
ripped the split board into two-inch widths.  I know some people have
epoxied teak into these hatches, but I'm thinking that teak deck caulk
will be a better idea.

Will deck caulk be a good idea?  And what kind do you recommend?

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash