[Public-list] Wooden rudders on old Albergs

dan walker dsailormon at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 09:02:36 PST 2006

hugh, just curious.if the boat is out of the water now, why would you not just put the boat on a truck now and ship to the yard that you or a "trained professional" will do the ultimate repair/fix. then you would have the whole 2007 season for sailing in your home waters knowing the rudder is in good condition. i want to make that trip someday, but would rather know my rudder is good when i start.
  dan
  ps,in my case, if i had pulled the plug and shipped rascal home sooner i would have saved some money and a lot of aggravation

Hugh McCormack <hugh_alberg at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Good day all,

George Dinwiddie has created an additional page on the website from some
notes and photos that I sent him. I would be interested in other owners'
opinions in two areas: (1) best method to repair the rudder & (2) will my
suggested process to remove and replace the blade actually work.

The notes and photos may be found at:

http://alberg30.org/maintenance/Steering/RudderVarieties/Wooden/

Please have a look. Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Hugh McCormack
Woody Point, NL

Off to school, going on a trip, or moving? Windows Live (MSN) Messenger lets
you stay in touch with friends and family wherever you go. Click here to
find out how to sign up! http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca