[Public-list] Delta anchor question

Philip Bartlett pbartlett at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 19 19:22:42 PST 2006

I was considering a Delta but changed my mind when I read the anchor test
results in the October Sail Magazine. In their tests the Rocna anchor had
twice the holding power of the Delta with 5:1 scope but at 3:1 the Delta
really dropped off and the Rocna had almost 10 times the holding power.
Their tests also verified some of the behavior I have seen with the Danforth
and Bruce anchor types over the years. Both of these anchors and the CQR
performed very badly compared to the newer types.

Philip