[Public-list] Property Tax Value

JOHN GRAVES jg1111 at msn.com
Mon Feb 27 18:06:00 PST 2006

I am completing a personal property tax return form for my Alberg 30 built in 1965 #15. I was wondering if anyone on the list could provide me some insight on what value should be placed on an Alberg 30 of this age keeping in mind that the boat is over 40 years old. This is difficult for me to determine because although it would be difficult to replace because of all of all of the work I have put into the boat over the years the price it would bring on the market probably would not be very high due to the present market. I have seen Alberg 30's for sale for as low as free lately. To us on this list, the value of our boats is great, but what value would it bring at a local auction or in the eyes of an assessor? What would the blue book value be? Any comments would be appreciated.

John