[Public-list] Lazyjacks

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Jan 20 07:29:41 PST 2006

Nope - sorry for being unclear...

When dumping the mainsail, the topping lift holds up the end of the boom, a
crewman or the reefline loosely hauled in holds the clew of the main,
creating that useful trough...allowing you to rapidly get the sail down and
stowed without danger of it getting out of control.

I'm making a sketch for Roger...if it is good enough perhaps George might
post it.

Gord #426