[Public-list] Northern Cruise

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu May 4 16:57:18 PDT 2006

Bob/Jim

Looks good to me.  As you say we will flex and modify as we go north.  I agree the key is to go north and take out time commong back.

Here are a few links for US Customs
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/pleasure_boats/reporting_requirements_pleasure_boat.xml
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/pleasure_boats/user_fee/user_fee_decal.xml
and Canada
http://canadaonline.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=canadaonline&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca%2Ftravel%2Fcanpass%2Fmenu-e.html
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/pleasure_boats/user_fee/user_fee_decal.xml

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

.  We are planning on leaving mid to 3rd week of June.  Leighway is planning a 2 ½ to 3 month trip.  Waconah is planning 5 to 6 weeks.  Isa Lei is planning 2 to 3 months.  Leighway will spend 1 to 2 weeks in RI (Narragansett Bay) on the return visiting friends and family.   The general plan is to head to Maine relatively quickly, than cruise Penobscot Bay, Mt Desert Island area waiting  for the earliest weather window to head down east to the Bay of Fundy with the objective of St John and St John river.  We plan to slow down and do extensive cruising on the return leg, including Blue Hill and the Maas's.   Leighway is planning on spending at least 1 week in the St John River, and possibly might visit Nova Scotia (Digby,  Briar Island, & Grand Manan Island)  on return leg.   Leighway also plans to visit Winter Harbor, Mistake Island, Great Waas Island, Roque Island, Passamaquoddy Bay,  Campobello Island, Eastport, and St Andrews in route to, or return from St. Johns.  We want to be through Block Island, Cape Cod, and the Isle of Shoals before July 4th to beat the holiday crowds.  This Schedule is the 1st cut to get us to the Penobscot Bay area;
Day     Date    Destination                              NM                              Alternate                     Notes
1                      Chesapeake City                     50

2                      Cape May                                63                                Cohansey

3                      lay day                                                                          Cape May

4                      Block Island  in route 1          205                                 40 hrs leave 3AM

5                      Block Island                                                                  Arrive 7PM

6                                            Lay Day

7                                            Onset                                       53                                Hadley Harbor

8                      Gloucester       2                      60                                Onset

9                      Isle of Schoals   3                    30                                Provincetown   2

10                    Jewel Island, Casco Bay         48                                Gloucester

11                    Boothbay Harbor                    25                                Isle of Shoals

12                    Rockland, Penobscot Bay       45                                Jewel Island

13                                                                                                                                                                                                                Bath    4

14                                                                                                                                                                                                                Boothbay Harbor

15                                                                                                                                                                                                                Tentants Harbor, Long Cove

16                                                                                                                                                                                                                Rockland