[Public-list] crossing the atlantic

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Fri May 5 03:31:29 PDT 2006

On Fri, 05 May 2006 06:58:38 +0000
  "David Fisher" <liquid_addiction at hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
>This has only happened to me once, however, and
>the drains got rid of the water quickly enough.
<snip>

Interesting post, David. I've always thought the cockpit
drains were a weak point. I was pooped running an inlet
with following, breaking seas and the drains looked
positively puny then. I doubt any size drain would look
sufficient then, though.

So you think it possible to compartmentize the boat
enought to counteract 2+tons of ballast if the main living
space fills? I would think the inflatable bag option
necessary.

MichaelGrosh