[Public-list] Galley Sink Fixture

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 17:00:47 PDT 2006

Thanks to all who responded.  After some checking I
found that there were a couple pieces of silicone
caulk in the tank.  They let a little water flow each
stroke and then acted like a check valve.

I replaced the very nasty hose while I was at it.

It was very easy to drain the tank by siphoning it
into the bilge and running the bilge pump to get rid
of it,  so I could clean out the debris in the tank.

Any way I find the pump works better now,  It still
takes a while to pump a pint of water, but it is
do-able.  I think I will add a filter and live with it
as is for a while at least.

BTW: do you guys treat the first tank of water of the
season?  Subsequent tanks?  Or do you just use it as
is.  If you treat what do you use and how much?  I was
thinking of maybe a few drops of bleach per gallon.

Pete
#554 Aurora