[Public-list] Galley Sink Fixture

Gail DeMoss gdemoss at alberg30.org
Tue May 9 18:27:53 PDT 2006

Peter Staehling wrote:

>BTW: do you guys treat the first tank of water of the
>season?  Subsequent tanks?  Or do you just use it as
>is.  If you treat what do you use and how much?  I was
>thinking of maybe a few drops of bleach per gallon.
>
>Pete
>#554 Aurora

Whenever we add water to the tank we put in a good dose of Clorox.  The
first tank of the season gets a little more.  We also have a big filter
on the water hose, mounted under the galley sink.  The filter seems to
trap the "stuff" and also gets rid of the Clorox taste.  I drink bottled
water but George drinks the boat water and he is very much alive.

Cheers,

Gail  Dinwiddie
Calypso #543

--
 Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
 that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the