[Public-list] boat pox

Rod Symmes harmony at aztec-net.com
Fri May 19 07:01:31 PDT 2006

Frank;
    That sounds all too familiar.  I puzzled over this a couple of years ago and by asking a lot of questions, I learned the following.   The water penetrates flaws in the gelcoat below the waterline but once it enters the glass fibre it can migrate.  The wicking action causes it to make its way as much as 4 or 5 inches above the waterline before breaking out in blisters.

Cheers,    Rod