[Public-list] inverter

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Fri Oct 13 06:42:54 PDT 2006

To expand on this theme most modern power supplies actually do not have a
transformer on the input side to a power supply, the maker rectify the
incomeing AC voltage to a DC voltage and then use a high frequency
oscillator that feeds a smaller transformerthis reduces the voltage to
what ever the system requires.  This way you can have a world wide
compatable power supply.  With this system a modified sine wave inverter
should not adversly affect the power supply.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380