[Public-list] Offshore Preparation

Scott Lynds slynds3434 at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 13 08:15:33 PDT 2006

This message is directed to Bobby,
  Hi, I am concidering purchasing a Pearson Triton and restoring it for potential offshore sailing. I was wondering if you had any photos of the modifications you made to your Alberg that you note below?
   A question I have is whether or not there are any modifications to the sliding hatch and hatch boards that a person should consider?
  Thanks,
  Scott Lynds
  E29
  Wild Goose

"Roger L. Kingsland" <r.kingsland at ksba.com> wrote:
  R. E. cockpit drains, would it be feasible to install large diamater (3" to
4") drains at the outboard bottom corners of the lasserette bulkhead (aft
end of cockpit) that run horizontally aft and exit the hull underneath the
transom. I suppose there would be risk of "back wash" from following seas,
but perhaps some kind of flapper valves similar to those I've seen for
motorboat exhausts could be installed. I guess a lot depends on how high
the cock pit floor is above the water line particularly when healed over.