[Public-list] Ethanol Issues and Gas Cap Reminder

Peter Amos peteamos at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 10:36:22 PDT 2006

Just a thought.If the tank is emptied,the fuel tap closed,the fill cap
properly sealed and the vent sealed also,the only condensation will be from
the air trapped in the system.This is what I do in Florida where Tait Tait
is stored from May to November.When I get back I put a gallon of diesel in
the tank and run the motor watching the fuel filter (glass bowl).If/when
water shows I drain the filter.Works for me. I imagine the same would apply
to a gasoline motor with a water seperator filter
Pete
Tait Tait 478