[Public-list] A few rookie questions

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Tue Sep 19 06:39:15 PDT 2006

> Thanks so much,
>
> Perhaps the bilge pump was working after all and I did not perceive it
> working since the water exits below water line. IN any case I had a handle
> hand help pump that did the trick. Obviously the main point is discovering
> where this compromise in the hose is... And getting a reliable pump
> connected to batteries.
>
> I will check on those hoses.  Wondering if this had anything to do with
> the
> engine overheating last time out.. It was not getting a flow of water
> through the hoses.
>
> Lloyd Pulley
>
> The engine intake hose is seperate from any other through hull, so check
for a blockage.  Also check the raw water pump impeller for loss of
parts or blockage I had a friend whose engine was overheating with no
water flow, after checking all lines we discovered that the nytril
rubber impeller had parted from the bronze centre section the pump work
correctly but the nytril portion did not rotate in the pump housing.
Water should be expelled through the exhaust hull fitting at all times
when the engine is running.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380