[Public-list] spinnaker halyard

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sat Feb 3 11:36:05 PST 2007

I got into a discussion with a fellow about the weight of halyards and
blocks.... On an 18' dory!  I had to tell him that in some boats no
instrument could measure the harm a few ounces twenty odd feet aloft would
cause.  I think in boats like ours your ability to efficiently handle the
halyards out-weighs the stability and windage saved using lighter line.

My two cents worth (as usual)

Gord #426