[Public-list] spinnaker halyard

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Feb 4 10:35:33 PST 2007

dan walker wrote:
> need a spinnaker halyard. 5/16 or 1/2 inch??

I see that quite a few people have chimed in, and I would suggest that
they all enter their preferences on
http://alberg30.org/collaborate/RunningRigging to record them for the
future.  To edit the page, you need to login (using the link at the top
of the page).  This requirement has pretty much eliminated the spam left
on the site.

As much as I like the handling characteristics of 1/2 inch line, I've
found that for halyards and the mainsheet, a maximum of 7/16 inch is
easier to accomodate in blocks.  Going to blocks that handle 1/2 inch
well results in ones that are rather oversize for the A30.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash