[Public-list] free chart-plotter software

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Jan 23 16:51:39 PST 2007

I haven't tried this, but I heard about it on another list, and thought
it might be of interest to some.  Especially at the price. ;-)

http://www.sping.com/seaclear/

"SeaClear is a PC based chart plotter for Windows 2000/XP/NT/95/98/ME.
With a GPS connected it displays the current position, speed, heading
and other data on the screen. The chart is repositioned and new charts
are loaded automatically as needed. Tracks may be saved to file for
later reviewing and log book entries can be manually and automatically
entered. Unlimited number of routes and waypoints can be created and
used to assist the navigation. The screen area for charts is maximized
with most functions accessed with the right mouse button. Zooming is
provided with support for IntelliMouse wheel. SeaClear is created for
nautical navigation but can probably be used for other navigation needs."

If you try it, let us know what you think.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash