[Public-list] pulpit

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 08:07:18 PST 2007

Gord-

thanks for the comments. Very helpful. Just quick:

1. The effect of the higher lifeline attachment on the foot of the 170 is
EXACTLY what I am concerned about. I'm hoping that somebody on the list has
a modern style pulpit with the higher lifeline attachment and can speak
about this.

2. The intermediate rail's primary benefit as I see it (and as my rigger
sees it too) is stiffness. My intermediate rail will not go all the way
around the bow. It will only go port & starboard from the 1 upright members,
leaving the bow area open to allow space for the roller furler and for
anchor handling.

later,