[Public-list] mainsheet questions

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Tue May 1 07:52:19 PDT 2007

J,

I use that exact method and am very happy with it except in a few instances.
For fact sake these fiddle blocks are very common on multi hulls and that
is where I first came to consider the application for Infinity.

If you do not like the upside down then go for flipping the cam mount:

http://www.harkenstore.com/uniface.urd/SCCYSPW1

My harken fiddle (5:1) has a ratchet on it and is very nice for all
aspects of the trim. I would suggest this fix first - the flip. If that
cannot be done then put on a harken fiddle with a ratchet and flip the
mount for  the cleat. This is really the most accomodating configuration I
know of. Also use a mid-range adjustable traveler. Don't waste your time
if you havent already with a windward sheeting car - they never hold fast.
It is quite a few bucks though with a whole new rig. Good Luck.

BTW: I dont think a swivel will work unless you mount a pedestal in the
cockpit.

My original hardware on Infinity was screw end stops for the traveler and
Marelon fiddle blocks with the sheet cleating on the cabin top.
--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57