[Public-list] mainsheet questions

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Tue May 1 07:59:24 PDT 2007

CB-

The harken link you sent didn't work. Can you tell me the Part Number
for the flip thing? I would be real interested in that?

My existing fiddle doesn't have a ratchet and I find that it's plenty
of purchase. I was thinking that if I used a ratchet I could maybe
drop purchase to 3:1. Do you think that would work?

I also used to have marelon blocks (one of the first things I replaced
on the boat when I got her 5 years ago). I still do have the
screw-stops. I hate those things. I am in process of buying a new
traveler as well, which is why I asked about the car. I am saving
pennies, nickels, and susan B's for that purchase.

I saw Phil Grotheer make a custom bracket for a harken traveler car
that had a swivel cleat base bolted to it for his J/22. It was pretty
sweet, but I think he did it fully from scratch himself.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Later,