[Public-list] What to do with expired flares

Robert Kirk isobar at bcpl.net
Sun May 13 14:57:09 PDT 2007

At 03:45 PM 5/13/2007, Patricia O. Meinhold wrote:
>We're sorting our gear to return to Rinn Duin and discovered that half
>of the flares (hand held and the ones for the gun) are expired.
>
>Any suggestions re: how to dispose of them?

That's what 4th of July in Annapolis harbor is for. After the official
fireworks show, all the boats are crowded at anchor stem to stern, all the
skippers have been drinking beer all day, and they celebrate by shooting
off all the expired flares.

Advice: never try to get underway till all the drunks have cleared the
area, and stand by with a boat hook to fend off the strays.

Great fun, unless you prefer to live less dangerously.

Remember, Towney is organizing a raft-up in the harbor that night. Join up.
Flares optional. Beer optional.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181