[Public-list] Outboard Engines

Derrick Serrer cptn_derrick at yahoo.ca
Wed May 16 06:41:36 PDT 2007

Hello all,
  I have entered into an agreement to purchase a 1966 A30 that was posted on this site. The boat was advertised as having an outboard motor on a bracket as the A4 had been pulled for rebuild and never replaced. I soon found out that the current owners (extremely helpful couple) do not use the outboard and never have. They sail it off of the dock. I hate the idea of drilling holes in the transom to add a motor bracket but in order to get it to where I need it, I have to have some type of engine (tides, currents, ships, and tight quarters) My question is does anyone use an outboard that is mounted on a bracket? I did manage to find one picture on the web of this. How difficult is this to install considering the angle of the transom, distance off of the water etc, and how difficult is this to use? In my mind this will only be a temporary solution as I would eventually like to find an older rebuildable diesel that I can install.
  Thank you
  Derrick