[Public-List] Design of derrick to raise Alberg 30 mast

Brian Zinser bzinser at lssu.edu
Thu Nov 29 08:07:19 PST 2007

Michael

Hello Mike.  We have a nice cart at Hilton Beach which was built by a
local person.  Essentially it has a center axle with two wheels with
rubber tires.  The size of these two wheels/tires look like they are
from a small automobile.  Then the cart extends out from the center
about 6 or so feet each way.   Each extension has a bicycle tire under
it which is slightly higher than the main two wheels.  When the cart is
at rest, it sets on a plane formed by the two main wheels and one of the
bicycle tires.  Then when you move the mast around the yard, it is
balanced on the cart and you just left up the bicycle tire and push/pull
the mast using the two center wheels.  Turning the cart is easy as it
just pivots on the two center wheels.

I know this is hard to explain, but if I get over to the Island in the
next couple of weeks, I'll take a photo.

Did you see it when you were up here this summer?

Brian Zinser