[Public-List] Repowering

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Sep 26 11:08:58 PDT 2007

Hi Randy,

Very interesting about Westerbeke making the Universal diesel.  I wonder if they buy the blocks from Kubota?  I have heard the original Universal marine distributor built up both atomic four and Universal diesel this way??

Anyway, the new Kubota oil filters for my 30 hp Universal are slightly larger in diameter than the old Universal filters,( same size ID screw on- just larger size outer shell).  So the new ones are hard to fit because of reduced clearance due to near location of nearby hoses and alternator.  Does your Westerbeke still use the same size OD oil filter, or have you seen an increased OD recently?

Thanks!  We should do an A-30 rendezvous out by the San Juans' some time.  I think there are 5 or 6 hereabouts including the Canadians...

Glenn Brooks
S/V Dolce
From: Randy Katz <randyk at bertschi.org>