[Public-List] fixed vs sliding boom gooseneck attachment at mast

Elaine & Brian Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sun Aug 3 05:37:33 PDT 2008

I fixed the boom at the top of the adjustment track on my A30 when I had
her. I used the regular track top stop bolt and added a hex headed bolt
tapped through just below the fitting. I did it to hold the clearance for a
dodger (and avoid hitting my head with the boom). At that time, I had the
head of the main trimmed down about 6" and a cunningham cringle added. Two
years (or so) later I had a new mainsail made to fit the new configuration.
It worked fine. Of course I wasn't near the fleet and never raced one design
against other A30's.
Regards,
Brian
ex#497