[Public-List] the through hull is done-- "red brass"

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Sat Aug 9 18:31:50 PDT 2008

Greetings to Rachel--

Yes, you're correct. Common sense would call for using a hose barb
  there (bronze). I went for reusing a bronze elbow (45 degrees) plus
  a couple red brass nipples (one new because of corrosion from many
  years use in the other) in order to reach high enough so that I
  could reuse the existing drain hose. (The replacement seacock was
  shorter than the Marelon that came out.)

As I understand it "red brass" is near-bronze and this is a part I'm
    likely to check once in a while.

     The hose barb would be preferable and more simple, though.

Regards,
Randy Katz
Seattle/Bellingham, WA.