[Public-List] reef line diameter

RogerW lrwillow at toad.net
Tue Aug 26 18:29:55 PDT 2008

Hey John, How about this for topping lift:
 A ring lashed to the backstay somewhat below the boom end when sailing
(like INKA has). Then for a slight improvement, maybe, a short loop of
bungee cord that would be at the right length that after hoisting the
main, head to wind, you lift the boom by hand (slight bit of slack in
sheet), release the topping shackle (preferably a pelican hook), and
attach to bungee. The topping lift would not have to be un-cleated and
re-cleated each time.
Anyone else see problems with that?  RogerW