[Public-List] bulkhead taping

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Mon Mar 3 14:43:47 PST 2008

I started working on the inside of the boat over the weekend, and was
wondering how people have tackled the issue of the tape that holds the
bulkheads to the deck head peeling off the bulkhead? I had a comment from a fellow Alberger that what was loose was cosmetic, and could just be cleaned up. However,  do you peel or chip away all that can be
peeled away, and then put a new tape down with resin? or do you try and
stuff a resin mastic under the tape that has come up and essentially
glue it down again. Either way, you would hit it with a sander after
everything had dried.

I tried stuffing some polyester resin filler under the tape, and that just seemed like I was going to make a mess of things.

I have an old style boat with no liner.

Appreciate any comments here.

thanks

Jonathan